Posted by Charles II on May 18, 2015
* We were warned by Pentagon whistleblower Tom Christie that drones only hit 21% of their targets (current accuracy may be better)
* A study of intercepting illegal border crossers in the US showed that a spotter in a Cessna outperformed five drones
* A large part of the push to drones is financial
* Drone imaging is not good enough to tell the difference between a young teen and an adult man, or between a woman and a man, especially in low light
* Targeted assassination doesn’t work. According to a study in Iraq by Rex Rivolo, attacks increased after leaders were killed. The replacements for leaders are often their relatives, intent on revenge and, of course, any collateral damage improves recruiting.
* Liberals are very keen on drones as a means of limiting casualties. However, drones terrorize and disrupt whole societies, since civilians know they are being constantly watched. Therefore, even as tools of reconnaissance, they have problems.
I recommend listening to Cockburn.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.